Complete France Forum

Onetel France Monthly Charge?

I have used Onetel in France over the last 5 years and have only been charges for the calls. The months when my phone was not used I was not billed any charges. Having said that, it would worth you while to contact them and ask as they may have different plans available some of which could attract a monthly charge. Other than that I use Onetel both in the UK and France and have found them to be very good with excellent rates.

Baz

[quote]When we were with Onetel France they did charge 2.90€ as a minimum billing amount when there were no calls made and I did eventually find it in the very small print. There are a number of substantiall...[/quote]

Thanks for all comments.

Which of the cheaper ones would you recommend?

An advantage of Onetel was that you did not have to add a cumbersome prefix number.

Jon, the cheaper services are not pre selection and therefore you have to dial an access number, if you prefer not to dial an access number you will need pre selection, you will pay more but can still save on Onetel charges.

Without pre selection:

www.Telerabais.com is 1.8cts inc tva off peak and 3.3cts inc tva peak (FT local rates), but you have to dial 0811 65 31 31 then the UK number. It is billed with your FT bill, 9cts minimum call charge.

www.Telesoldes.com are also worth a look with a headline rate of 1ct to the UK and a connection charge of 9cts.

With pre selection:

www.phonexpat.com have a 12cts connection charge then 3.1cts, inc tva

www.onetel.fr in comparison have 11cts connection charge then 5.9cts inc tva.

Other options:

www.free.fr do a 29.9€ ASDL package with free local & national calls, an extra line and 3cts inc tva to UK no connection or minimum charge which is an excellent package when your current internet contract expires subject to having ADSL.

www.Skype.com costs 1.7cts plus vat per minute, has to be paid in advance and operates through the internet via your pc.

www.comparatel.fr lists most suppliers and allows comparison.

France to Uk for 1 cent per minute!

Hi,

just to add for several months now we've used Telesoldes http://www.telesoldes.com/index2.php

which is only 1cent per minute in France and to the UK!  I'd used their sister Uk company for several years in the UK prior to moving to France. 

Basically you dial 1690 before the full telephone call, a recorded message will confirm the cost ie. "1 centime par minute"

You register your credit/debit card/Carte Bleu and they debit the amount used each month AFTER sending you a comprehensive e-Bill.

Hope this is of some help!

Chris

Jon

You might also consider Tele2. local calls €0.01 per minute, €0.034 per minute in France and €0.06 anytime to Europe and the USA, no pre - dialling required.  We have only just signed up from FT but Tele 2 was highly recommended by others who call the UK a lot. 

[quote]Jon You might also consider Tele2. local calls €0.01 per minute, €0.034 per minute in France and €0.06 anytime to Europe and the USA, no pre - dialling required. We have only just signed up from FT ...[/quote]

Ron, For Uk calls that's more expensive than Onetel which they currently use and 6 times the price of Telesoldes!

With preselection, it's almost twice the price of phonexpat!

Do you think it's a good deal in comparison?

Archived