Complete France Forum

New Virus Delivery System

We have had a few emails form charities sent to our commercial website which basically tell us we have been sent a virtual postcard, if we like it we can send them to others, for a price and the money is donated to charity, one was for animals the other for the current disaster. When you click on the link the virus is downloaded from the index page of the website. You can't see the website if you use McAffee or other top brand AV programs as it closes it straight away but if you try it with a none protected PC (I did this deliberatly this morning to see what happens) you will arrive at a spoof webpage identical to www.postcards.org which is a genuine website selling virtual postcards. I have of course emailed hem to let them know but there is not a lot you can do. Anyway I don't have an Aunt Ada, the person some are claimed to be sent from.

The trouble is we do use virtual postcards, birthday cards etc so I was quite happy to open the link, luck I have good AV software.

Before anyone asks I didn't write the name of all the virus/trojan down and I'm rebuilding the PC that I infected but I believe they were JS/Exploit-DragDrop.b.gen, JS/Exploit-MhtRedire.ldr and 32/Mydoom.o.B@MM the last is a virus and very new based on the original Mydoom virus.

So be careful.

Chris

Archived