Complete France Forum

Tiscali just got dearer!

Tiscali's unlimited access (24/7) has just gone up to 30 euros a month.

What do you pay for 24/7, and who's it with?

Can't afford the set-up cost for WIFI, and QDSL isn't forecast here until sometime in 2006.  I know, shocking, isn't it, considering we're the fastest-growing area of France, its 8th biggest city, QND the gay capital of the universe.    

Found my information source!    The shiny village magazine, page 13, says "ADSL prévue courant 2006".   It is strange, especially since we're part of the agglo.  Maybe we're not part of the agglo at all, maybe we're really the Independent Republic of St Whatsit-up-the-Nuns.     It would explain a lot!

WIFI is 23.92 euros a month, but the initial setup is pricey.   I'll probably just stick with Tickly for another year.  Shrug.  Shrub.  Shrub is such a funny word, it's sort of squat with pointy bits.

How strange, ours went up to €30 a few months ago. If the alternatives are AOL (having the PC taken over and all the other probs that it causes to a machine) and Wanadoo (not a wonderful service round here) I will have to stay with Tiscali. At least in our outback it works, it is fast and causes me no problems - wish the same could be said of the phone line, but that is another story.

Archived