Complete France Forum

UK 08 numbers on Tele 2

Some time back someone posted that they could not use UK 0845, 0800 or 0870 numbers from France.  I posted that I had no problems with this and accessed them via FT by dropping the 0 as normal, which was true at the time

But now I get my calls by Tele Deux I can no longer get any numbers with this prefix and some UK mobile numbers.  Is this a Tele 2 thing?

[quote]We have the same problem with tele2 so we just overide an dial using France Telecom.[/quote]

How do you override?  My Tele 2 set up is for all 0 numbers to be directed through Tele2, it is not the dial 4 option that Tele 2 offer customers before the setting up of their contract.

Interestingly, the same happens in reverse, when ringing 08 numbers from the UK to France. Often the cheap call providers will not connect but using a BT connection does. I suspect the problem lies in both the UK and France with the cost of calling non geographical numbers and that is why only FT or BT will connect.

There is very good website that I use, that will often be able to supply the geographical number of a UK company. The advantage of this will be the low cost of the call and the ability to phone from France.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Baz

Archived