Complete France Forum

To all Wanadoo users ?

• 1 month later...

I went through a similar problem with wanadoo and discovered I had a virus which they had been telling me about but I thought they were only advising me.  They were warning me to put it right.  I thought I had but obviously not because they cut me off and I had a h... of a problem trying to get them to reconnect me.   In the end I had to have a new e-mail address.

Hopr this helps Regards Les Favets

I recently had an issue with my Wanadoo e-mail. My Outlook did a “Microsoft” and needed to be re-installed. I then could not get the account to connect – “bad username/password”. Kept re-checking with original letter from Wanadoo and I was entering it correctly. I know I have never changed the password as its too difficult. Telephoned Wanadoo and asked then to check and they said my password had been changed. I run loads of up-to-date virus protection, ad-ware/spy-ware detection, firewall, etc. and nothing has given any alerts. However, somebody had managed to get in and change my original password that Wanadoo’s “random generator” thing had created.

It did make me a little concerned about their security (?), though language limitations prevented me from pursuing it further.

Archived