Complete France Forum

Norton Internet Security 2005

Here's another one for all you computer buffs out there.

I've just upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2005 and am having trouble reading the Forum web pages.  I have no Search facility, no control panel, and people's names aren't appearing on the left column.

I've gone through all the usual web rules and unchecked my cookies, Javas and scripts, etc as Symantec instructed me, but still no joy.

Any ideas, or are other people experiencing problems with the web site.

Jan

Hi Steve and other helpful person whose name I can't read.

I have no idea which version of internet explorer I'm on - how do I find out?

As for the link in FAQs re these problems, I tried it and it doesn't work.

I got instructions back from Symantec on how to uncheck all the Javas, allow cookies etc. Went through the whole lot and it still doesn't work.

So what is this Mozilla Firefox - my brother told me about the other day.  Is it as good as everyone reckons.  Trouble is having paid out for Norton now, I feel obliged to use it - at least until the subscription runs out anyway.

Jan

"I have no idea which version of internet explorer I'm on - how do I find out?"

Jan, that is an easy question to answer. Just click "Help" at the top of your page next to "Tools" then click on "About Internet Explorer" and the version is there. If you have not got version 6 then you should download an update of the latest version.

Baz

“So what is this Mozilla Firefox” – it’s a different web browser (an alternative to Internet Explorer). Some prefer Firefox, others Internet Explorer (I find Firefox much easier and nicer to use than Internet Explorer, but others don’t).

Whichever browser you use (Internet Explorer or Firefox), you will still need some sort of firewall, Anti-virus, etc. safeguard (browsers won’t provide this for you – even though Firefox is said to be more secure than Internet Explorer). Thus, if you want to use Firefox (or stick with Internet Explorer) you will still need Norton Internet Security or equivalent(s).

Archived