Complete France Forum

Disappearing BBC channels?

I switched on my satellite decoder today and found that all the BBC Radio & TV channels have mysteriously vanished from my channel lists.

This sort of thing is usually my husband's job but he's away at the moment... so can anyone help me get them back ?

[quote]I switched on my satellite decoder today and found that all the BBC Radio & TV channels have mysteriously vanished from my channel lists. This sort of thing is usually my husband's job but he's a...[/quote]

This could be a number of things and more details are required , including if you are getting any other channels, what card you have etc. are you using a UK box wiith card or a French one.

If you have lost all your FTV channels then it is not the card, so it is more likely that the dish has ben moved by the recent high winds and nedds realignment.  If you have a "sky" installation go to "Services", "Signal set up", "signal test", you will then see the strength of the signal, if it is weak then your dish has moved and needs realigning.  If the signal is OK try turning your box off at the mains for 5 minutes and re starting, that may cure it.

Thank you Ron,

I have now tried turning the box it off and on as you suggest, but to no avail. The system we have is a French Thomson decoder & dish, not a UK sky system,  so it doesn't have the same menus as you describe. What I have been able to discover is that it seems to have defaulted to the wrong satellite - ie Astra instead of Astra 2 (or something). I can see all my missing channels in a little box in part of the screen when I attempt to reselect the correct satellite, but can't seem to get it to stay put as it keeps returning to the wrong one.

Unless anyone has any genius solutions, I think I'm going to have to go to bed early with my book every night until husband returns and sorts it out!

Archived