Complete France Forum

Satellite installation Normandy

My husband is in France and with part of his journey being allocated to a satellite installation.  It now looks as though the installer has let us down!  Does anyone please have any experience and good experience of an installer of dish kit and all that goes with it in the area.  We live between St Lo and Villedieu that sort of direction.

Your earliest response would really be appreciated.

I suppose an email to our private box would be the better way of handling such a request?

rdgs

What sort of satellite system. If its Sky, then its not difficult to do DIY (provided you are happy doing DIY stuff). All I used was a “walking type compass” and the drill, etc. to mount the dish. Once the dish is mounted, its just aligning it and you can use the signal quality/strength on the Sky box to check that. I did the entire job alone in a couple of hours (may have been lucky with alignment ?). For info re: alignment for dish on http://www.brymar.co.uk/info/info.html

Obviously, as with any DIY job involving ladders, power tools, etc. usual safety precautions, etc.

Archived