Complete France Forum

is this a virus or junk mail

i have been recieving a lot of mail with attachments lately,some say "kill the writer of this" others say "here i am" i allways delete but does anyone know where they originate?are they advertising or a deliberate attempt to infect my machine with a virus.

[quote]i have been recieving a lot of mail with attachments lately,some say "kill the writer of this" others say "here i am" i allways delete but does anyone know where they originate?are they advertising or...[/quote]

Does it say "i,mhereinfrance" ?

If so that's a virus from darn sarf and no known cure

If you have effective virus protection on your E mail, like Norton or McAfee,  it will delete any known viruses in an E mail before you even open it, so you will know for certain that the message had a virus attached.

If in doubt with any message from someone you don't know that has an attachment, delete it and delete it again from your deleted files.

"If in doubt with any message from someone you don't know that has an attachment, delete it and delete it again from your deleted files"

A tip that may be of use, if you hold down the shift key and then click on "Delete" the item is permanently deleted.

Archived