Complete France Forum

TV Licence - automatic?

I want to buy a new TV in France, and am happy to pay the licence. From the chain on Sky and licences I think that this will be automactically added to my taxe d'habitation? Is this correct? (Hubby is there at the moment on his own, and I worry about him explaining that the installation address is France, but payment address England . . . . . )

Thanks

Yes it is now the tax office that pass on to the "redevance" people, those who do NOT have a TV etc. The Impots return forms have a box to cross if you do NOT have an appareil rercepteur for getting televison signals. So if you don't pay tax or are staying here without declaration of tax or indeed have a holiday home, you will pay unless you take a visit to the local tax office to argue the point.

In which case, I wish you the very best of luck !!

On ours, the " dept 35 guinea pig region" the box to cross is on form 24042 DPR and comes under Redevance Audiovisuelle.

Guidance please............

Approx. 3 months ago we returned the form to the local Hotel de Impots saying NO TV (true at the time).  On our last visit we decided to buy a TV (from LeClerc) and it was deliverred to the house by them early May. It will not be operational until mid June when we have a dish, etc installed. 

The question is - do we rely on LeClerc advising the relevant authorities that we now have a TV or do we have to contact the H de I direct to tell them - in order to get the licence fee added to the Tax de H???

PeterCD

Archived