Complete France Forum

Wanadoo.fr/wanadoo.uk

There's bad news and good news. Bad news is that you can't just transfer your account - you will need to open up a new one for UK. But the good news is that you will be able to access any messages sent to your French e-mail account from UK, either via Outlook Express or Wanadoo France web mail.

Am I right in thinking that you should be able to put a divert on your French Wanadoo account to divert all incoming mail to e.g. your UK Wanadoo account (thus meaning you only have to keep one account open).

On the assumption that you can and on the assumption that when you stop paying wanadoo.fr then your wanadoo.fr mailbox will also disappear:

I guess at some point you will want to stop paying for both UK and French Wanadoo subscriptions so I would think that the sooner you get everybody over to you UK Wanadoo address the better. Maybe make sure you only send from @wanadoo.co.uk rather than @wanadoo.fr (so people replying always go direct. Also, depending on your e-mail client, display who the mail is addressed TO – which should show you if it’s a @wanadoo.fr or @wanadoo.co.uk and thus if it’s a @wanadoo.fr you can e-mail back about your mail address changing.

Also, if I’ve mis-interpreted the question then just ignore me and pretend I’m not here.

Regards

Ian

Archived