Complete France Forum

Nomotech Broadband/WiFi in Manche?

Hello - does anybody know much about this service?  I picked up a Nomotech wireless connection whilst I was chez nous last time (on the Centrino laptop) even though we are at least 500 metres from any neighbours.

I have looked at their website but my French isn't good enough to interpret what it is and how much it costs but I see that you don't need a phone line - so I suspect it is a satellite.

Anyone know anything more?

Thanks,

Pix

It's being offered to certain communes in Manche that are not yet connected to ADSL. If 30 people want it, Nomotech will set it up. You come within the coverage are, we just miss out but I'm not that concerned.

It's not satellite, but wireless (WiFi) - rather like the wireless internet services that you get in a lot of hotels. http://www.nomotech.com tells you more. You will see that there is a monthly subscription, from 29€, a 45€ connection fee, then you need the modem, antenna etc which can be rented for 2 years for 100€ or 150€, depending on the type of antenna you need, or bought for 245€ or 274€ respectively.

Archived