Complete France Forum

Telephone longue portee - radio phones

Has anyone used one of these?  My poor friend who I have written about in several postings is being refused telephone and electricity in her remote property by the Mairie.  Ridiculour quotes are flying about.  She needs a phone as she has a young daughter.  She was also promised both services at the time of signing for the house.

Anyway a plan I have hatched is that we would get an extra telephone line at our house which is about 7 Kms away, we would need an antenna and a base phone, she would have a telephone handset and an antenna and be able to use her phone viw the line at our house.  The phone is to be supplied by Senaco and is made by Alcon. In the USA they sell phones with a range of 125Km for large ranches!! We would only need 15km and are assured we would not interfere with police or airport communications. We have been told one type is illlegal to use in France but we are more concerned with the running of a system like this.

Any remote property owners out there who do this?

Hi again, no she does not have a mobile signal.  We are in a very beautiful communications black hole in the Hautes Corbieres.  After some local advice we are making further enwuiries with France Telecom as locals do not believe it is possible for the Mairie to block her applicaitons for phone and electricity.  Fingers crossed.

Archived