Complete France Forum

My parents signed up for Wanadoo ADSL last year for their gite...

...and we haven't used it in months, and they have apparently lost their password and even the login name. I originally installed it on my Dad's computer, but he has since wiped the drive, so all information that I might have saved there is lost.

I thought I surely would have e-mailed myself the information, but apparently not. I've searched everywhere.

I went to the Wanadoo website and tried to retrieve the lost password, but a) I don't know exactly what the login name is, and b) even if I did, it doesn't look like Wanadoo would send me the password -- just keeps telling me to check my subscription e-mail.

So my question is... what do I do now?

Thanks.

I take it that they don't have a monthly contract. If they don't can't they just start again with someone else.

Incidentally, I always keep my my primary e-mail addresses with other than my server, ie someone like yahoo or netscape or lycos or msn. So if I move on my mail is easy to retrieve.

ps if they are paying, then cancel the payments and I'm sure that they will get in touch soon enough. Or phone Wanadoo France and explain, as far as I am aware they can find your details via the phone number.

With Wanadoo (as you are on ADSL), you will have received a letter giving you your connection id and password and e-mail username and password. I’m assuming you have lost this as well so,

You can call them (from France 0892 699 113, cost 0,34€ TCC/min) and they should be able to identify your account from your telephone number (as its ADSL). They will do is to send you a letter with the details on (to the address they have registered/the telephone number address. Although they say this takes a few days, it can take more than a week. Although they are not supposed to, some Wanadoo people will give you one of the “elements” if you know the other 3 (e.g. lost connection password and can tell them connection username, e-mail username and e-mail password). However, many will not (and get a bit stroppy if you ask)

I have e-mailed Wanadoo on many occasions though do not bother any more as I have never had a response from them (other than the automated acknowledgements)

Ian

Archived