Complete France Forum

Double speed dial up

I have had a quick search for this but couldn't see anything relevent so I am sorry if it has already been discussed.

I am in a very sleepy village where we only just have electricity let alone broadband and my internet connection drives me to distraction!!!! I am just in the process of having a telephone line put into the house (using my parents connection at the moment) and some one has suggested to me that it is possible to have two lines put it and if necessary use them both at the same time to double the connection speed? I asked at the FT shop today and got a very blank look - my french isnt that good yet!

Has anyone out there heard of this or am I on a wild goose chase?

Thanks in advance

Simon

I don't know about using two lines simultaneously, but before I got Broadband I used a FT scheme that gave me a second line and 24 hours free internet use per month for €29. The second line upped my transfer speed from 33 to 55, and was a great improvement - also we could use the phone at the same time as we were on the internet - sorry, my wife could use the phone while I was on the internet.

I don't know about using two lines simultaneously, but before I got Broadband I used a FT scheme that gave me a second line and 24 hours free internet use per month for €29. The second line upped my transfer speed from 33 to 55, and was a great improvement - also we could use the phone at the same time as we were on the internet - sorry, my wife could use the phone while I was on the internet.

I don't know anything about two phone lines but you might like to know about OnSpeed (www.onspeed.com).  They provide software that they reckon increases your speed by up to 5 times. It costs about £2 a month.  As my chances of getting Broadband are as slim as yours I have just installed it on the recommendation of a friend who tried it a while ago prior to getting Broadband in the UK.  It is early days for me but it does seem to work and there is a 14 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.  You can use it anywhere in the world.

Liz (29)

Archived