Complete France Forum

Does anyone have any experience of Telesoldes or Telerabais for telephone calls in / from France?  I read about them on a money saving site www.MoneySavingExpert.com and wondered if anyone here had experience of them?

I hasten to add that I am not connected in any way to either the phone sites or the moneysaving one! (and if this post breaks AUP please delete it). 

Hi

We've been using Telerabais for about 6 months with no problems (apart from the irritating blurb at the beginning of each call - we know it off by heart now!). From our last bill (France Telecom) a call of 51m31s cost us 0.81 euros.

In comparison a local call (via France Telecom) for 42 minutes cost us .65 euros

We find it saves quite a bit.

Good luck!

Gill & Alan

I’ve also been using Telerabis for quite some time. Their evening rate is quite a bit cheaper than e.g. the “famous Skype” (or rather SkypeOut – PC to a telephone). With Telerabis I like that you don’t need an account, don’t need to pay anything in advance, etc. Slight (though to me minimal) negatives are that you still pay (very little) for un-answered/engaged calls. I have found that you can start dialling the number the moment their announcement starts and you do not need to wait for it to finish.

Telerabis quality is good, never had a call disconnect part way through, etc.. A couple of times the first dial to the 0811 etc. Telerabis number has not connected, but the next re-dial worked fine (but this is literally only once or twice).

Ian

Not Telerabis, but Phonexpat.com have been great for us. Once again no contract or any payemant upfront, you can kick it into touch any time you like if you don't like it. What's this anouncent thing, nothing like that with our lot (I haven't any connection with Phonexpat other than being a very satisfied customer). They are English/French speakers and very helpful and if you recomend anyone else then you get 240 free minutes for each recomendation and the person you recomend gets the same. French calls are 0.9c/min and calls to the U.K. are 3c/min, plus TVA of course. That's at any time of the day or week.

Have a look at the site. it's all explained... So far I have had 4 lots of 240 mins and 4 friends who are very pleased, including one who is French!

E-mail or PM me if you want any other info.

John.

The difference between Telerabis and PhoneExpat.com is that Telerabis requires no account, no set-up, nothing. Just use it now. They have no idea (and don’t need to know who you are). Call costs can be very low (e.g. UK 0.014€ TTC per min off-peak). Phoneexpat.com needs to “take over” your telephone line and thus will handle all your calls (preselection). You thus need to set it up in advance and they then notify France Telecom that they are handling all your calls, etc.

The announcement on Telerabis is to tell you what to do (as you may have no prior knowledge as you have received no paperwork, signed nothing, etc.) You can ignore the announcement and just dial away. Negatives with Telerabis are that you have a long prefix number to dial (or you need to sort out how to program it into your telephone).

Ian

CHEAP CALLS? The cheapest I have found with no strings attached and inclusive of all taxes, no set up charge, no equipment, pure English language service is TLK2 which by comparison will save you all a minimum of between 20% - 30% and 49% on France Telecom.  I used to use Phonexpat and I have saved at least 20 euros a month which over a year would let me have a couple of free trips back to the UK via Ryanair!!

If you want to contact me my email address is ggroome@fsmail.net or look at TLK2 website on www.tlk2.com

Good luck and give it a try - Ginny x

[quote]CHEAP CALLS? The cheapest I have found with no strings attached and inclusive of all taxes, no set up charge, no equipment, pure English language service is TLK2 which by comparison will save you all ...[/quote]

Ginny, are you connected to tlk2 or is your advice impartial? In a response to another string it appears that you may have have a commercial interest here?

Archived