Complete France Forum

Livebox works BUT phone's now dead - help

At least I can now shout for help in ENGLISH!!!  We have just set up our livebox, took us just over 12 hours, I have connected the phone into the phone POTS undrneath the little box, but it doesn't work.  The phone just beeps at me then tells us everything is engaged.  Is there any one with any idea how to get help?  I phoned the advise line and the lady (bless her) asked if I could get someone who was fluent in both English and French to help....!!!!  mmm, obviously I also needed someone fluent in computer speak as well.

Margaret

Margaret

If you have your phone line connected into the livebox it will not work.

In the Livebox kit you get a phone connector with a standard male French connector and a standard French female slot on the back.  Underneath this is a small PC phone type plug socket.  Let's call this the French connection

There is also a black cable with a universal small square plastic socket on each end,

You plug your French phone socket into the French female socket of the French Connection at the back and one end of the black cable into the small socket underneath. 

The other end of the small black cable goes in under the livebox and into the extreme socket of the two, not the one with a white label.  You then plug the French Connection into your normal phone socket. 

You can plug a phone into the livebox, but only if you are set up for using Wanadoo or similar internetbased phone calls.

Archived