Complete France Forum

Neuf Telecom and others

We use Télérabais for calls to Oz, it comes up on the France Telecom bill as "autres appels", no problems.  We use Tele2 at the moment for local calls.

They're okay because you don't have to change anything, they don't interfere with the existing France Telecom line.

But what are people's experience of changing to another operator altogether?  Neuf Telecom is the most recent to be offering their services.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of no longer being with France Telecom?

We recently had big problems with Neuf on billing - had to bring in Protection Juridique to sort it out , so won't be using them again. I use 3u and Dirland for dialing cheaper long distance and international calls, but I use a prefix code. I do not use a line preselection to another provider, because allthough  FT service is not brilliant, I have overal still found the service better then the low cost operators.

regs

Richard

Had Phone Expat for a while now and it is simplicity itself. Hard to beat prices and without any hassle, easy to contact, no pre fix etc. The chaps there, will assist you to cancel any existing contracts with other operators and will send you the forms (fax, email or post)to give immediate notice to your current suplier.

You obviously have to continue to pay your line rental to France Telecom, other than that, you get your montly bill from expat and they take it from whatever account you have offered them at time of joining.

Now....if anyone wants my code, they can have 240 FREE minutes to the UK..and yes I get it as well

For the commercial line we continue with FT and take whatever offers (cheaper local calls by paying a supplement, we get several other benefits, like rapid service (well French rapid!!)etc and it just seems beneficial to keep with FT for the service we need for the business.

• 2 weeks later...

We use Telerabais as well for UK Landline and mobile calls. We have programmed the numbers into our hanset phonebook so its no big hassle to use them. We also use PhoneExpat to cut down cost of other calls that we don't route through Telerabais - good service, easy to deal with. No hassle.

I use Neuf Telecom for my Internet coonection (100 hours for 19.9 euros per month). Good service except if you move house and need to use another telephone line (the service is tied to one line). Couldn't get them to change my phone number in their records so I couldn't connect. Had to use a Wnadoo pay as you go (Access Libre) account for two months until I got my old number back. Delay due mainly to FT cocking up the line transfer but that's a whole other saga.

Archived