Complete France Forum

Sky Sat Error Message

I currently have no reception other than the following message: "There is a technical problem with this channel please try later."  This message is on all channels.  'Set Up' is displaying the usual strength and quality signal.  Does this suggest a Digibox or dish problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I just tried a re-boot and all is now well.  This message puzzled me as I had never had it before.

[quote]I currently have no reception other than the following message: "There is a technical problem with this channel please try later." This message is on all channels. 'Set Up' is displaying the usua...[/quote]

Can also be caused by ingress of water into the connectioin at the dish and therefore an intermittent fault.  Always use self amalgamating tape not electrician's tape.

CHRIS

[quote]Can also be caused by ingress of water into the connectioin at the dish and therefore an intermittent fault. Always use self amalgamating tape not electrician's tape. CHRIS[/quote]

This message is being received on hundreds of digiboxes at the moment as new EPG software is being downloaded. Some digiboxes cope with the changes and others do not, those that don't either freeze or display the "There is a Technical Fault with this Channel" message. All you have to do is switch off your digibox at the mains plug and switch back on again.

If the digibox displays the "There is a Technical ... etc", it's usually a lock up and not a physical fault with the system

Archived