Complete France Forum

Wireless broadband won't work

We have a one year old Apple laptop and an ancient PC, also a Netgear wireless router. Over the last few days the Apple keeps losing its wireless connection and the only way to reconnect is to restart both the router and Apple. It makes no difference even if I connect the them by the cable. This morning it it won't connect at all. So I am back to the old faithful PC which tells me that the router is OK. Also even when the Apple wont connect it still show on the info bar at the top of the screen that there is a full signal with all four bits of the radar image highlighted.

Thank you

Diana

Whatever the fault is I don't think it's connected to signal strength - I can get a good connection on my laptop with just 1 or 2 bars highlighted. Have you tried opening Internet Connect? What reading do you get on the connection strength bar there? Mine is full strength (15) at the moment, but the Airport hub is actually on top of the G5...

When I have lost connection (because I wake the laptop up from sleep and try to get a connection before it has re-established itself) I get a network diagnostic option - have you used that?

Have you got Interference Robustness turned on? Do you have other networks showing up in Internet Connect (in the drop-down box if you click and hold on the menu icon)?

If you have Widgets in 10.4 there is a useful one for seeking out networks, which would show another if it were present.

Archived