Complete France Forum

I want an LCD or Plasma TV

Recently purchased a Samsung LW32A33W, a 32" LCD TV, from www.discounteo.com,

it was on sale in Auchan at 2200€+ and 1548€ from discounteo.

Their USP is the fact that they have the goods in stock and delivery is free, I ordered the item late on a Friday and it was delivered to 24 Wednesday AM.

The Samsung set has an amazing picture quality, even better than Sony which I would normally buy, and is HDTV ready and has PC input. The features list goes on and on.

I have since purchased a number of items, all delivered promptly, however one item had some cosmetic damage in transit. I called their helpline and a French lady with franglais arranged for someone to call me back, when they did I had a choice of new product or 25% discount on the damaged unit, so a fairly pragmatic approach to customer service. One parcel by post was not here within 5 days so called the helpline again, good as gold they called back, delivery with you in 2 days, and it was!

They are currently showing the Samsung LE32R51B on their website at 1381€, worth a look.

A link for 82cm LCD

http://www.ldlc.com/tri/330080_p1_tri4_2.html

I've bought from these guys online a few times. LDLC

Cheap and therefore quite slow but reliable and well packed

Check out touslesprix.com

or this link

http://www.touslesprix.com/meilleur-prix-lcd+82-par-0-0,3,0,1,0,0,181,0.html

I think topachat are kosher although I had some problems with them over a PC component that when it arrived wasn't what I ordered.  2 months and promises of a refund which mutated into an, unwanted, credit note later I asked my credit card company to sort it out.  Still waiting for a refund

When I got my CB, I was given a range of “options” – for which you pay accordingly. I would have had to go to the next most expensive to be covered against fraudulent card use on the internet. Depending on your bank (mine is BNP Paribas) and what options/card variants they offer and you chose you may or may not be covered. Worth checking if you are unsure.

One thing I have used on occasions (though for nothing as expensive as a TV) is La Poste “Cash-on-delivery” service (cannot remember what it is called in French). When I have used it, companies change a few extra €’s but for me it is worth it.

Ian

Archived