Complete France Forum

New phone line, and int,tel,tv package

Bonjouuuuuuurrr all, Can anyone tell me, I need to have a phone line connected to my house, there has never been one there before, there is a pole about 200 meters away, Question is am i right in thinking ill have to go to French Telecom for the line? and if so how will that work with me wanting to join Free.fr for there package deal of around €30 which me thinks includes the line rental?? any bods know the answer???  whats the cost of a new line over???

Been trying to use the search facility but it always brings up things unrelated, Im off, Thanks very much in advance fer any usefull info..Condor

You will have to sign up for a line with France Telecom for a minimum of twelve months. After that you will be Free to do what you like. During the first twelve months it will not be able to take your line from Free , but you may find that they have a package "semi degroupee" where you still rent the line from FT but take your calls as part of an ADSL package from Free.

Many people are finding that the cheapest packages are only to be found in  the larger towns and some "alternative" ADSL suppliers will now only sign you up for a degroupee package, or that you can take their non degroupee packages if you are in an area which they eventually intend to cover with their own equipment.

Archived