Complete France Forum

Question re Degroupetest

Hi

Degroupetest has for some time been reporting that I should have extended ADSL from 01/09/2005 (given as provisional date). Now this date has passed it still reports the same thing and still shows as IMPOSSIBLE.

Does anyone have experience of how long before they update the info wrt the phone numbers or who I can go to to find out whether ReADSL was infact installed on this date ?

Many thanks in advance

More info... I have just tried on Ariase and it says this ........

Informations sur la Ligne Eligibilité ADSL
Numéro de ligne :   My number  Ligne éligible en RE-ADSL
Code Central France Telecom :   80815VRO  Répartiteur raccordé
Central France Telecom :   VRON   ADSL Max impossible sur votre ligne
Longueur de ligne :   6803 mètres    RE-ADSL disponible
Affaiblissement (norme ARCEP) :   71.57 dB  
Débit IP ADSL maximum :   512K (en RE-ADSL)

the more info then says

ADSL 512        Impossible - l'affaiblissement est trop important

Am I doomed ?   

Our village (but not our phone number which comes from another area [well this is France]) was due on 01/09/05 but is not yet done and does not even show as being on the list for the near future so they are obviously late in our area 46. Another number I checked that was due on 05/09/05 was done at least a day early - so like us (who have a date of 15/09/05) you just have to wait till they get round to it.

At least we are on the list and have a suggested date - many areas are still just impossible.

This site does seem to give the best info.

Just found some more info...

Many areas were due to have ReADSL (extended reach ADSL) on 1/09. France Telecom, however, with little explanation let the date pass before then advising that due to technical problems this date has been pushed back and may now be 1/11.

There are a lot of seething French people out there ! If you want to know more, then take a look at the news items and forums on Ariase or try calling 1013 or 1014 (if your French is up to it !!).

For my part, whilst disappointed, I am relieved as there is still hope !!

Archived