Complete France Forum

Any timing ideas

I have been watching the http://www.degrouptest.com/ site with interest and for months (seems like 6 months) they have given our date as 15/9/05. Now I also watched some other numbers with the same date/different area and guess what - everyone had been upgraded on the due date and there is still no sign of us getting ADSL. I am not that far from the exchange and do not need ReADSL which was supposed to be rolled out the next day - but of course is now on a very long hold. I wonder if they are going to hold us back to do the two jobs the same day - if so we could wait for ever as I gather this does not work.

Has anyone else tracked the dates promised and can you give me some idea of delay if you had any. When I need broadband I can access it via someone else but that does not solve my problem - I really do need it some time soon.

If it is going to be some time never I may well go down the satellite route for a few months (years) as this could be a temp solution but with a limited budget I don't want to swap over and suddenly find that FT realise we exist and actually do the upgrade.

Fanx

I did (also watching degrouptest.com). In my case the scheduled date had been published for at least 9 months and came and went with nothing. It was eventually updated on degrouptest (and the updates became more frequent as the date slipped, eventually slipping a week at a time. Updates were virtually always some time after the schedules date had passed. In the end we were at least 3 months late in getting ADSL available. Actually the local weekly paper was better at giving updates once the originally scheduled date had passed.

Also remember that it can take two weeks for your ISP to get FT to enable your ADSL and direct it to themselves and this cannot be requested before ADSL is available (though for me and I am told normally it takes only a few days). If you are rural you may also be limited in which ISPs will provide any service (I had only Wanadoo (all speeds) for the 1st 9 months, then CGETEL joined offering only two speeds and at higher cost than Wanadoo).

I have heard rumours that there are “technical problems” with ReADSL and it is not really being done yet). I would not treat degrouptest as definitive and suggest maybe calling 1013 periodically (not their responsibility, but they are generally pretty helpful).

Ian

We were promised ADSL and ReADSL for last monday.

On Tuesday I had a shower of emails from various ISPs telling me that ADSL and ADSL2 were now available and asking me to sign up.

Now the question is which one to choose.........

Incidentally ReADSL still shown as last Tuesday but still not available.

Archived