Complete France Forum

Free calls to France and England landlines

I used voipbuster to get free calls to the UK from my computer (and found the quality much better than sykpe) but the same company has recently created a "french version" which also includes free calls to France numbers (as well as UK numbers).

The "catch" is that you need to pay 5 euro's to have unlimited call times (otherwise the calls are dis-connected after one minute).

I guess the other "catch" is that I don't know how long the company will continue offering the calls for free...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-Rob- 

http://www.netappel.fr/fr/index.html

The €5 is a pre-pay amount for chargeable calls you may make (e.g. Skype – except the min amount you can buy with Skype is €10). Thus the money is not a subscription but a pre-payment.

They have been offering free calls to UK (and some other countries) for absolutely ages. In the telecom industry these days Skype is something of a “spent force”. Hopefully eBay can inject some life into it, maybe be a bit responsive to customer needs, maybe be price competitive, etc. time will tell. However, Skype do have a massive customer base so should things remain negative for them, it is their ongoing financial loses that will cause it to stop, loss of customers will be a slow migration as people move to more standards based systems (rather that proprietary) – because customers will want greater interoperability (i.e. can be called by non-Skype users).

Archived