Complete France Forum

Easiest Way to get UK TV in France

Hi,

I would like to be able to receive UK channels (just the usual 5) for my house in Averyon, France. Can anyone give any advice as to the best way of doing this (ie. do I need a Sky package, do i buy this in France or UK etc)

Of course, if anyone can recommend anyone in the Aveyron region who can supply & fit the necessary system, please let me know!

cheers

Scott

[quote]Hi, I would like to be able to receive UK channels (just the usual 5) for my house in Averyon, France. Can anyone give any advice as to the best way of doing this (ie. do I need a Sky package, do i ...[/quote]

This has been covered many many times and a look back at the previous posts in this section of the forum will bring you all the answers...

This post (sorry, you'll have to copy & paste) covers it all:

http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=290&MessageID=211998&TopicPage=1

Failing that, many installers advertise in the British-language press in France (PS: I am NOT one of them!)

Clair

Scott

The Aveyron is a very big Department from Espallion in the NE to below Millau in the south so you need to be a bit more precise, There are installers under a concession for Pulsat but they install a French PMB box, this will not get ITV , Ch4 & 5 as it has no card slot.  To get the five UK channels you need to source a sky digi box and out of date card or FTV card and bring it with you, the Pulsat people or other installers will install it for you. If you still have not got a French phone book, do a google for Pages Jaune and have a look for installers in your area., you just need to put in your post code.

Archived