Complete France Forum

Prompt service from France Telecom

My ADSL link dropped out the other day, so I spent ages trying to check and reconfigure my Livebox to re-establish a connection, but without success.  I ended up by phoning the Wanadoo helpline but after the techie had tried to keep me on the line by chatting about how well I spoke French and could I speak Flemish as well   (I cut him off in mid stream - ££££££££!!!), he couldn't offer any help other than suggesting I changed my Livebox.  So I popped into town and changed it for a new one without any problem.

I installed the new Livebox and fiddled for ages, but still no link, so I phoned France Telecom to ask them if they would check my ADSL line.  Ten minutes later, they phoned back to say an engineer would be running a check for me later in the day and if he found nothing at the exchange, he would come around to my house in the morning to check my installation.  Two hours later, they rang me to report that he'd found a duff control board at the exchange and that he'd replaced it and reset all the systems.  Result - ADSL back on line.

Wanadoo - un point

France Telecom - dix points

Archived