Complete France Forum

hELP OUR COMPUTERS DOWN

Seems strange that both laptops are dead - did they both pack up at the same time? Are your batteries dead/not charging, do the laptops still not work when connected directly to the mains? Have the machines been dropped, kicked etc?

Normally when a PC/laptop doesn't switch on completely its because of a power supply problem. If the computer switches on and makes various beeps/screams of anguish etc then that tends to point to something being loose on the inside (hence my question about the laptop being dropped etc).

Failing all that, there are 2 shops in Parthenay that might be able to help. The first is Microgat and if you stand at the main entrance to HyperU and look across the carpark you will see another carpark on the other side of the road. Just to the left and "behind" this second carpark is Microgat.

The other shop, I think is called Face. I'm not sure how well you know Parthenay, but assuming you can get to HyperU, you drive past HyperU and carry on as if you are going into town (keep the car parks on your left), you come to a mini roundabout with a toy shop on your right. About 100 yards in front is another roundabout and just before that is a turning to your left (opposite the hair dressers Epsilon). On this corner is the computer shop. I've never used this one before as I was told it was expensive, but it is an alternative.

However, for my money, Microgat is better as they've helped me out a few times.

Hope this helps

Archived