Complete France Forum

Free TV .. sorry!

Hi, I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't find the answer ..

I currently subscrbe to Sky which I don't want to continue with, I have read recently that you can obtain a "free sat" card from Sky which will allow you to recieve ITV, C4 & C5 for a one off payment of £20.

Is this correct .. ?

I have a sky digi box and viewing card on their cheapest (ha!) package and I get all the BBC channels plus ITV etc .. If I remove the card will I receive the BBC channels? Sorry I know I could give it a go see what happens but I've had so many problems in the past that I dont want to muck it up! If this is the case, can I then get the "free sat" card to receive ITV etc .. ?

If it wasn't for Formula 1 we wouldn't bother but my hubby wouldn't be able to cope without it .. now's a good time to test it out 'cos the season has finished and I wont be upsetting him while I try!!

Technology just doesn't agree with me, I think I must give out bad vibes .. so sorry to sound so dim!

Thanks in advance..

If you cancel your subscription to Sky, then your existing card will continue to work as a "free sat card" you will be able to view the normal UK terrestrial channels plus a few others, save yourself £20 or send it to me at the following address

If you take the card out of the box, then yes you will still be able to watch the BBC channels, try it now, nothing untoward will happen.

[quote]Hi, I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't find the answer .. I currently subscrbe to Sky which I don't want to continue with, I have read recently that you can obtain a "free sat"...[/quote]

Yes, this question seems to arise every week, but I am not surprised you cannot find the answer. Let's hope that one day the search facility will be bought into the 21st century.

Well, firstly you do not have to purchase a free to view card from Sky as your existing card will still work for these channels after you cancel your Sky subscription. In answer to the Free to Air question all the channels will work if you remove your card ie BBC. So all you need do is to take your digibox to France with your existing card put up a dish and all will work.

Baz

Thanks guys, nice simple answers that I understand! Already in France and everything is set up and working, just haven't had the guts to actually take the card out, as I've been paying for the damn thing didn't want everything to go horribly wrong and then have to phone Sky on the mobile at a premium rate ..

As soon as hubby has finished racing around the isle of man (playstation!) then we'll give it a go. Hope to have freedom from monthly subscriptions soon!

Archived