Complete France Forum

AOL - OH DEAR!

A friend has got herself signed up with AOL and been put on the wrong tariff. She can't get through to anyone to put this right - is made to hang on for ever on a 34cents a minute helpline without ever speaking to a real person. Is there any other way to sort this out or cancel the contract? She is new to the internet and this is not a very nice experience to start with. Any advice gratefully received.

Patrick

Thanks Baz. My friend said she had not found a means of contacting them by e-mail, so I thought she had already explored this route. Now that I've had a look at the page I realise there are several means of contacting them. I'll pass this on.

Patrick

I am with AOL and have changed to their ADSL last week - their e mail facility is out of order at the moment!  If you email another section they just e mail you back and tell you their facility is out of order at the moment and to telephone them.  You telephone and they tell you to call back later as they are so busy!

I am going to try the chat facility next! as this apparently is working!  My next step is to call in a computer expert and pay them to sort it all out for me, as I've spent about a week trying to get it sorted, and it not easy if you are not computer literate and not 100 percent fluent in French.

Tracy

Archived