Complete France Forum

Remote listening of satellite radio channels

Yes, it may have been my posting.

You can buy a pair of wireless speakers from Maplins at £49.99.  Here is the link.http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=33457&doy=8m11

They consist of a pair of speakers with a small transmitter unit that connects to the audio out phono connections on a Sky box or other satellite receiver.  The transmitter and speakers are supplied with AC adaptors and phono leads.

I have a pair at my holiday home in France and they are excellent.

I use a small transmitter plugged into the digibox. This transmits whatever channel you are receiving on the digibox (radio normally) around the house/gardens, this can then be picked up on an ordinary transistor radio or hi-fi unit.  It needs to be tweaked so that the signal does not go too far and should be set so as not to interfere with anything else transmitting, I use 108FM.

Regards

Bob 

[quote]I use a small transmitter plugged into the digibox. This transmits whatever channel you are receiving on the digibox (radio normally) around the house/gardens, this can then be picked up on an ordinar...[/quote]

Any details of what your box is (make, where to get one, how much, etc.) as it sounds like just what I am looking for.

Ian

Archived