Complete France Forum

Rolling TV - removal and upgrading telly

I visited the local vinyl sign man and got myself a large piece of matt black vinyl digitally cut to size to surround my TV screen and remove this rolling rubbish and give nicely sculpted rounded corners. I now watch in black and white and I am happily back in the sixties when all was well, and as the picture quality today is too sharp I have moved my satelite receiver slightly of target and to add further nostalgia I have affixed small pieces of glitter to the screen and never dust the screen - try it you will not be disappointed. I have found that many African and Eastern european TV channels have a more old school approach to TV and apart from some minor language difficulties make good viewing.

I have not found a way to slow or take out the quick changes from scene to scene but have some ideas about using shutters on my spectacles. I have conquered the annoying modern adverts as I show mainly 1950s adverts in the commercial breaks using a remote controlled DVD. Ain't technology brilliant!

Archived