Complete France Forum

Pressed wrong button - help!

When our computer (home XP, English version) started up this morning there was an option to update our Wanadoo connection and by mistake we pressed "Yes"......

Now we have a horrible new Wanadoo start-up page, with hideously tiny font, toolbar and all buttons in French of course, and have lost our Google taskbar etc.     Going into "my configuration" and changing the "page de demarrage" has absolutely no effect.  We tried a System Restore to a couple of days ago, but still no joy.

Can anyone tell us how to get rid of this update?

Chrissie (81)

Right - there's good news and bad news:

Changing the homepage in the Tools Menu didn't seem to stick, BUT I worked my way through the Configuration menus and finally discovered I could ask it to connect using Internet Explorer rather than Wanadoo - and Voilà!  We're back in the land of large English text again.

Thanks for your suggestion - it was that that made me think to try this!

Chrissie (81)

I don't like these dial up services and I would suggest that you look at configuring your own Dial Up access via IE - Tools - Internet Options - Connections and then you will see an ADD button.

You will need to know the user settings and telephone number to input the required data. These you will probably find either in the Config part of the Wanadoo dialer or in your Account details online in Wanadoo.

Come back to me if you need anything else.

I would definitely agree with Kate C, certainly in the case of the Wanadoo software.

With Wanadoo dial-up it is quite possible to configure and use a standard Windoze dial-up connection. I did it and used it like that for ages. It was far more robust than the Wanadoo software. You do not need any special Wanadoo software, drivers, nothing like that. Not problems with Wanadoo “taking anything over”. Definitely better and easier.

Ian

Archived