Complete France Forum

France Telecom English helpline

Hi! I've tried the search, but no luck. Can anyone please tell me the Paris number for the English speaking France Telecom helpdesk? (not the free one, as I want to ring from UK)

Can you advise of change of address by phone, or do you need to write?

Thanks

That number will almost certainly get you through, but the correct number to ring in France is 0800 364 775. It is a freephone number, available 8.30am to 8pm. . Note that the helpline concerns commercial questions only, for technical problems you should dial (in France) 1013 (FT obviously expects that if you have got as far as having a phone in France you can communicate in French)

I have limited French and have always found the people on

1013 very helpful and cooperative. 

Despite language difficulties (with me), they try and although I have

never found anybody there who speaks English, I have always managed to achieve

what I called for (I’ve actually spoken to them loads of times as well).  1013 seem quite unconcerned and “un-phased”

by callers with “limited language” and have the attitude “we will manage OK”.

Also (for info) details of the English speaking helpline can

be found on http://www.francetelecom.fr/en/tools/others/contactus.html.  I have always found the 1013 (or Wanadoo)

lines better despite language difficulties as at least they do something

(whereas in my experience the English speaking helpline are limited to talking

to you in English – and don’t actually do or achieve much).  In the past for me they have said they will

do things and just not done them, etc.

Ian

When I first arrivd here with very limited French, I waited on the English speaking FT line for 1 hour 38 minutes without a reply,[:'(] it was a complicated commercial query about billing after changing  from FT to TELE 2 so  I thought having listened to the instructions on the Messagerie and not understanding a word of it,  it woudl be easier to resolve and explain in English,   

I listened to that bloody inane FT jingle for all that time,  then at 12-15 it changed to say that they had gone to lunch and to ring back later[|-)]  Obviously the only English speaker at FT was on leave or sick that day.[:)]  or they knew I had changed to TELE 2[:D]  Has anybody actully spoken to a living person on this line?

We went into our local FT shop and limped along in a mixture of French & English and got what we wanted and then went back 2 days later to complain-the engineer turned up the same day and fixed the fault-they may be more expensive but I have never found their service less than excellent.

Jc - I've always found it easier to go into the office of all the

utilities etc and can communicate better face to face. I was asking for

this number for a new arrival near us who hasn't a word of french. She

needs help to get online with Wanadoo. Perhaps she would be better off

taking her laptop into the office. Pat.

Archived