Complete France Forum

Mobile for France & UK

My wife and I are selling up in UK now and moving to Aude shortly Cool [H].  We'll be taking our caravan and living in that while we find and purchase a property.

Communications will need to be both in and outbound, domestically in France and to/from UK.  A mobile will be the only option and we'd prefer PAYG.  I have done a bit of research but can anyone recommend a supplier of a handset/SIM/network, that will give a good balance of the cheapest call costs.

Any observations gratefully received.

I live in Aude and use Orange, never had any trouble and even the smallest villages are covered. Best to buy an unlocked phone ( about 100€+) here or get your current phone unlocked. I would also keep your old U.K. account on PAYG and leave an answer phone message with your new French number and an e-mail address. The only down side is you need to top your French phone up with a NEW credit every month or so.

Hi

If you may be recieving a lot of calls then maybe a sim card from www.riiing.org may do, no fee to recieve calls unlike UK ones!,
but they have not been very reliable for us, calls not getting through.

If your going to accept most calls from french callers then obviously a french sim would do, but im not clued up on french tariffs, most seem to go for Orange.

Regards

We bought a NRJmobile sim card for 30 Euros which gives 6 Euros of

talktime and option of topping up on line - can't fault the system. We

bought our 2nd hand unlocked Nokia mobile from secondhand mobiles in

the UK ( website something like that) - cost about £35.

Archived