Complete France Forum

Phone/Internet - Dégroupage total - Ideas for reducing bills...

As I am moving apartment, I'm looking to reduce the bills I pay for internet/telephone/television.

At the moment I pay "Noos" ;

€19.90 for the TV (the minimum chanels)

€19.90 for the Internet (a 2MB connection)

As well as this I pay France telecom each month

€14.00 for the line rental

€1.50 presentation of number

€8.00 on average for National calls

= €63.30 / month

I think I can replace all of this for a similar service by ;

Subscribing to the Club Internet degroupage total at €25/month ( http://rejoignez.club-internet.fr/Degroupage_Total/home_degroupage_total.phtml )

= a net saving of €38.30 / month (no TV costs, free calls to national numbers, no France telecom fees, and a faster internet line).

( for free calls to the UK you can also use netappel and for free calls to france you can use voipbuster )

I would prefer to just take "just an internet connection", but I beleive you always need to have a france telecom line (or another provider) as well...

The only problem I have is that to get the internet installed (before the france telecom line is cut) you need to have a france telecom line already installed at the new apartment at a cost of €40 (I don't know the number for the people who were in the appartment before).

The TNT should work with my British (PAL) TV as the connection is via the SCART socket.

Hope some of these ideas may be of interest to others.

Regards,

-Rob-

PS: I previously swiched from an Orange Pro €33  / month contract (3 hours calls inclusive) to an Orange Initial €7.50 / month contract (but you pay for your calls) - and use the land-line for most calls means that I save about another €20 / month.

PPS: Not to mention the biggest saving - paying €465 / month less rent in the new apartment for an appartment the same size and just around the corner from where I live!!! (rents have come down in Paris, so it may be an idea to have a look if you think your rent is high).

Logic is basically sound but a few thoughts....

1 Are you moving to an area where Degroupage is available from your selected comany? Its normally only available in the major towns; though if Noos is around I guess you must be in a major town.

2 If you need to install a completely new line, the last time I checked France Telecom required you to rent the line form them for at least 12 months before you could go Degroupee.

3 If you can go Degroupee Free offer a similar package to club-Internet that includes free calls to many International destinations as well as within France.

Logic is basically sound but a few thoughts....

1 Are you moving to an area where Degroupage is available from your selected comany? Its normally only available in the major towns; though if Noos is around I guess you must be in a major town.

Paris, so yes.

2 If you need to install a completely new line, the last time I checked France Telecom required you to rent the line form them for at least 12 months before you could go Degroupee.

I read an article which said that by law you can resiliate your France Telecom contract within 7 days of opening it. Therefore it's posible to open a line, resiliate the line, and contact free/club internet with the number.

3 If you can go Degroupee Free offer a similar package to club-Internet that includes free calls to many International destinations as well as within France.

Thanks - I think Free is slightly more expensive though.

Regards,

-Rob-

[quote user="Crevette"]

PS: I previously swiched from an Orange Pro €33  / month contract (3 hours calls inclusive) to an Orange Initial €7.50 / month contract (but you pay for your calls) - and use the land-line for most calls means that I save about another €20 / month.
[/quote]

I was on Orange Classis for a day.  Decided Orange Initial was a better bet (despite the phone handset cost) so voided the Orange Classic contract and opened a new Orange Initial contract.  Calls only marginally cheaper than PAYG but at least you don't have to worry about keeping things topped-up.

Ian

Archived