Complete France Forum

Satelite again

follow on from my post Sky dish.

My satelite finder came today. conected it up as instructed, it found a strong signal. BUT when i conected my sky decoder it still read no signal is being recieved. Any ideas. we are in 86 nr Poitiers.

thanks

I always use the one on the Sky box. I’ve never had any problems with it and know that its reading the Sky satellite signal strength/quality. Using the Sky box signal strength meter was exceptionally quick to align the dish and I got much better signal strength and quality than I ever got in the UK (where the professionals used meters).

Ian

You have probably found either another satellite cluster or unlikely given the recent weather the sun.  If it is another cluster it may be that the digibox default values do not allow to search the frequencies which are in use.

Alternatively you may not have tightened the LNB to dish or LNB to digibox well enough. Having aligned the dish did you try fine tuning with the Sat Pointer removed. 

Assuming Due South in 12 oclock arm of the dish should be between 9 and 10 oclock

Archived