Complete France Forum

Help me Alice dial-up users...!

Hi

Since Tiscali and Alice got married, it's been more difficult dial-up users to see how much "free time" they have been using.

I can see all my connection times and lengths, but they run over 9 or 10 pages sometimes  and I cannot figure out a way of accessing the data I need, which is: how much time have I used outside the allocated "5am-5pm" slot?

This is what I have noticed:

• the dates of my subscription have not changed (i.e. 7th Feb to 6th March) but the invoice arrives in my inbox much earlier than before (22nd Feb)

• Alice only seem to show the connection times up to that invoice day (22nd Feb), and not the subsequent days, so the connection list aways seems to be out of sync with real use...
I've been using a spreadsheet to monitor my use outside the "5am-5pm" slot, but it is tedious.

Has anyone got a simple Alice solution I may have missed?

Is there such a thing as a counter or timer I could download?

Many thanks in advance.

[quote user="Clair"]Hi

Since Tiscali and Alice got married, it's been more difficult dial-up users to see how much "free time" they have been using.

I can see all my connection times and lengths, but they run over 9 or 10 pages sometimes  and I cannot figure out a way of accessing the data I need, which is: how much time have I used outside the allocated "5am-5pm" slot?

This is what I have noticed:

• the dates of my subscription have not changed (i.e. 7th Feb to 6th March) but the invoice arrives in my inbox much earlier than before (22nd Feb)

• Alice only seem to show the connection times up to that invoice day (22nd Feb), and not the subsequent days, so the connection list aways seems to be out of sync with real use...
I've been using a spreadsheet to monitor my use outside the "5am-5pm" slot, but it is tedious.

Has anyone got a simple Alice solution I may have missed?

Is there such a thing as a counter or timer I could download?

Many thanks in advance.[/quote]

Claire

I have been using a utility from IYSoft called dialer.exe. In spite of its name it isn't a rogue dialer or spyware but will log your usage.

It has an advertising banner on it but you can disable this via your firewall if you like.

You can also easily copy the log produced by this to Excel.

Do a Google of IYSoft to check it out.

[quote user="fulcrum"]Clair I have been using a utility from IYSoft called dialer.exe. In spite of its name it isn't a rogue dialer or spyware but will log your usage. It has an advertising banner on it but you can disable this via your firewall if you like. You can also easily copy the log produced by this to Excel. Do a Google of IYSoft to check it out.[/quote]

Excellent starting point, thank you. I'm checking it out.

Archived