Complete France Forum

Fixed IP Anyone ??

Hi

Has anyone managed to get a fixed IP with their broadband provider.  We want to try and reduce our hosting bills and host ourselves but need a fixed IP, everywhere I go they say its not possible unless your an enterprise, well we're an enterprise in the uk but not france.

Any help ???

Thanks

Pippa

[quote user="Me0wp00"]Hi

Has anyone managed to get a fixed IP with their broadband provider.  We want to try and reduce our hosting bills and host ourselves but need a fixed IP, everywhere I go they say its not possible unless your an enterprise, well we're an enterprise in the uk but not france.

Any help ???

Thanks

Pippa

[/quote]

The cost of a fixed IP is probably more than some companies charge for hosting anyway.

If your web enterprise is profitable then it is not worth trying to save money on hosting it yourself. You will have to foot the costs of hardware and maintenance and backups and reliability and ....... Do you really want to add all that headache to a profitable business.

We haven't got a web enterprise solely and my husband is an IT professional so we have all the necessary kit and knowledge, it's just that I keep being told it's not possible to get a Fixed IP as an individual.  What I asked was, has anyone a provider that gave them a fixed IP, How to get one is the main thing.

Archived