Complete France Forum

Bootcamp OS X on a PC

For the life of me I cannot understand why XP would attract anybdy to run on a machine which has a 50% price premium versus off the shelf PCs with the same amount of grunt.

If and only If I was running a graphics intensive aplication the chance to port it on a dual processor fully loaded PC might tempt me.

The only reason I'm interested is to make a dual boot machine to broaden my client base in the music industry.

Games developers use PCs, Music producers use Macs, Film and TV is split almost 50/50 these days.

I simply can't afford to go down the Mac route yet but can afford Tiger.

All my licenced software is dual platform so this could be a winning solution for me if it works.

I think this an excellent idea. I already run mac ox 10, old os9 nad can work in darwin. Mac's may cost more, but the old saying is true. You get what you pay for. I have machines from over 10 yeras ago that still work fine.

The BIG point of Apple is they make the machines and the operatiing system. Mac = Jaguar/Merc and P.C. = Rover/Vauxhall. If you want a good P.C. the price is the same. i.e Sony etc.

Archived