Complete France Forum

English speaking ISP's in France

Not being that good at speaking French, one of my main concerns is... what happens if my computer goes pear shaped and I need some phone advice to sort it out.

Is there a solution with signing up with an English speaking ISP in France and if so, which one?

My French language is not great but I still manage with Wanadoo (who I suspect are no better or worse than other ISPs). Their technical support people often have enough English with my limited French to manage.

Sometimes it has been difficult, but try again and get somebody else and manage. I’ve had a few heated arguments with Wanadoo as well (when they do the standard “you much have a virus on your PC …” arguments as to why you cannot connect to them decently, etc.)

I’d go with whoever suits your needs/location bets and you will manage.

Ian

I have used AOL for the past 4 years(with a brief and disasterous spell with Wanadoo).  My French is embarrassing but when I have absolutely not been able to cope they have found an English speaking tech. for me.  Actually, I have a phone number somewhere that they gave me for a direct line to an English speaking tech.  Like all of the ISPs they have their problems but we have managed to co-exist.

Anne

Hello Anne,

I'd be very interested in the telephone number for the english speaking techie at AOL.

Like you, I have been with AOL for four years and have 'co-existed' reasonably well, although the last time we had a major problem, it cost us 50 euro for the telephone helpline.

We now have another small problem. We have a 2 pc wi-fi network at home, and although each pc can access the internet via the ADSL modem, they cannot 'share' the access: it's either one pc or the other. (and I'm sure they should be able to)

So, I thought I try the english AOL techie help. Still awaiting a replyto my email

Regards

David

Archived