Complete France Forum

Yes there are download limits with some ISPs. I'm with Wanadoo with a 1Mb contract, and that gives me a monthly download limit (from 1st of each month) of 5Gb - 5 Gigabytes. That's a helluva lot - unless you're downloading whole CDs, for example! Even as a heavy internet browser, 5Gb should be ample.

Hope that helps.

Yes you do have to be there if you want to use it as you need to connect the new modem,  put in the filters in the phones and log on to the new set up.  You can of course do this when you next visit your property as the "change" is to the phone line which is enabled at the Exchange.

[quote user="thunderhorse"]Yes there are download limits with some ISPs. I'm with Wanadoo with a 1Mb contract, and that gives me a monthly download limit (from 1st of each month) of 5Gb - 5 Gigabytes. That's a helluva lot - unless you're downloading whole CDs, for example! Even as a heavy internet browser, 5Gb should be ample.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

We're with wanadoo 1mb contract too, but ours is unlimited hours and downloads. You might want to check with them. We pay about 23E a month I think on our plan.

Depending whether you are in a zone dégroupage or not you can get up to 24Meg/sec with Free and as far as I am aware there are no limits on downloads.   I could not find any mentioned in our contract (we're with Free, 30 euros a month including French landline and most International calls).  We are not in a dégroupage zone so we still have to pay FT for the line and speed is limited to 10 Meg.

[quote user="thunderhorse"]Yes there are download limits with some ISPs. I'm with Wanadoo with a 1Mb contract, and that gives me a monthly download limit (from 1st of each month) of 5Gb - 5 Gigabytes. That's a helluva lot - unless you're downloading whole CDs, for example! Even as a heavy internet browser, 5Gb should be ample.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

I am on the same type of contract with Wanadoo and when I took it out it mentioned in the terms and conditions that there was a 5gigabytes monthly limit. However if you read the terms and conditions now you will find that the 5go stipulation has disappeared.

[quote user="fulcrum"][quote user="thunderhorse"]Yes there are download limits with some ISPs. I'm with Wanadoo with a 1Mb contract, and that gives me a monthly download limit (from 1st of each month) of 5Gb - 5 Gigabytes. That's a helluva lot - unless you're downloading whole CDs, for example! Even as a heavy internet browser, 5Gb should be ample.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

I am on the same type of contract with Wanadoo and when I took it out it mentioned in the terms and conditions that there was a 5gigabytes monthly limit. However if you read the terms and conditions now you will find that the 5go stipulation has disappeared.[/quote]

When did you take out your contract? If I go here: <url>http://www.orange.fr/bin/frame.cgi?service=wanadoo_et_moi&u=http://compte.wanadoo.fr/wanadoo_et_moi/compte/bin/compte.cgi</url>

I find that my consummation is still being recorded...

[quote user="thunderhorse"][quote user="fulcrum"][quote user="thunderhorse"]Yes there are download limits with some ISPs. I'm with Wanadoo with a 1Mb contract, and that gives me a monthly download limit (from 1st of each month) of 5Gb - 5 Gigabytes. That's a helluva lot - unless you're downloading whole CDs, for example! Even as a heavy internet browser, 5Gb should be ample.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

I am on the same type of contract with Wanadoo and when I took it out it mentioned in the terms and conditions that there was a 5gigabytes monthly limit. However if you read the terms and conditions now you will find that the 5go stipulation has disappeared.[/quote]

When did you take out your contract? If I go here:

I find that my consummation is still being recorded...

[/quote]

Hello old horse

If posting long URLs on a forum it makes the page too wide.  Best either type in something (like the word HERE) and stick the URL on it by highlighting and using the link icon, or use TINYURL website to make a shorter URL.  The former is the easiest.

Phil[;-)]

Archived