Complete France Forum

internet site payments

I would appreciate any advice or recommendations on how to set up web payments in France.  A French friend of mine would like to start a small business but it will be essential to have online payment facilities. I have no idea how it works and hope that some one out there has some experience to point me (and him) in the right direction.

Is there a French equivalent to Paypal? Do the processing companies take a percentage? Is it a problem to take smallish amounts? Are there any basic difficulties?  I created my own website but do not have any need for payment facilities. Are there any technical website things to consider or things to avoid?

Danny

(not Jane)

http://janedanny.club.fr

Paypall has a french version: .paypal.fr that works just the same.  We've been using paypal as our online payment system for several years and have found that for the small business, it's about the most cost effective way of doing things.  All the "regular" web merchant services are much more expensive, and if  you don't do a large volume, not really worth it.

You may notice, howver, that the French are far less comfortable with paying for ANYTHING online.  Many people will insist on sending you a check, so make sure they have an address to which they can send it.

PG

Archived