Complete France Forum

suspending wanadoo phone and internet

We are going to be away for 6 months next winter. I hate paying for something I'm not using but dont want to store up trouble for when I return in the spring. Has anyone out there managed to suspend successfully ft phone (and still kept the same number on return) and/or orange/wanadoo internet?

I think you can only suspend your line if it is in a student residence or a maison secondaire.

As far as Internet is concerned I think you can suspend dial up subscriptions for 3 months, but I don't think it is possible for ADSL.

I think BJSLIV is correct about the FT service (although it wouldn't hurt to ask or at least to search the website- there may be some provision for a really long absence such as yours). 

You can suspend telephone service for a maison secondaire up to 3 times each year for a period of at least 2 months. 

You can suspend some internet services, but not ADSL.  The (then) Wanadoo agent who signed me up was horrified that I subscribed ADSL when we only use our phone about half the year, but, for our purposes, ADSL was the only way to go (and it is considerably cheaper than our US DSL service that we use for the rest of the year).

Archived