Complete France Forum

I know this has surely been dealt with in the past but I've trawled through the archives and can't find an answer. Basically, I've got one dish on my roof already connected to a sky box and reciving all the usual. I want to put another one up for our gite, have put up the dish, pointed it in the same direction as the other one but no joy. The signal strength and quality are both 75% and the telly is picking up British time but the network stream is staying at 0000 and it keeps coming up saying 'No satellite signal is being received'. I've tried switching it on and off etc, rebooting, takinng the card out....

Any ideas welcomly received......

Cheers

Swop the boxes and see if the new box works with a dish and LNB which are correctly aligned.

Remove the CoAx cable from the new dish and try it on the old dish.

If you are using one SKY dish and a locally purchased dish check the angle of offset on the new dish is the same as the SKY dish ( 22.5 degress ? )  

Buy a LNB with two heads which both point in the same direction and fit it to the old dish.

Does signal strength decline when you move the dish  slightly.  If it does not move then it is locked and not reporting changes. Unplug count to 60 then plug back in ( switching off is not the same as unplugging). 

Archived