Complete France Forum

digital radio in france?

Hello

I have just brought my hubby a portable digital radio for his birthday in england, as he likes to sit in the garden and lisen to his programmes.

His birthday falls in august when we will be in France, If I take it with me will he be able to use it ? Is it the same set up out there? Or should i just take a photo and show him what he has for when he gets home and save on the weight?

Sorry I know this is a tipical woman question, even through im far from one of them[:$] 

Many thanks

I think DAB (just like a TNT/Freeview) is a standard and your set should work in France.

HOWEVER: I believe DAB broadcast is rather limited in France! You can check the reception for your town on:

http://www.radionumerique.org/recevoir.php?menu=5

[quote user="Ronan"]I think DAB (just like a TNT/Freeview) is a standard and your set should work in France. HOWEVER: I believe DAB broadcast is rather limited in France! You can check the reception for your town on:[/quote]

It is indeed very limited. I also suspect that it is not compatible with the UK system, whereas the digital TV system (Freeview/TNT) is.

I have a TEAC mini-system down there with a DAB tuner. It doesn't get ANYTHING on DAB[:(], so gets used on FM all the time. Even that is SOOOOOOOOOlimited compared to the UK, with about 5 stations to pick from, mostly talking all the time.

Don't French radio presenters just LOVE the sounds of their own voices?

Alcazar

Archived