Complete France Forum

Has anybody any idea how long you have to wait for the delivery of the box for ADSL?? We ordered ours 11 days ago on-line, as we have sent a letter 'Post recommend' to Tiscali to cancel, and we have received the receipt back , am just a bit worried one may get cancelled before the other is connected. We have given a copy of the DD to the Bank but have not had an e-mail from Free.

aj

We got ourbox and was up and running within a week, a little daft this but you can check the progress of your application via free.fr site, may depend on LF upgrading your line.

If you still can go online, check, you should have had this info via email.

Lee

[quote user="aj_dr"]Thanks, Lee, still had nothing not even an e-mail, perhaps it FT taking a long time. I had a look at Free's web site but can't see where you can check the progress.

aj

[/quote]

If you have not had an e-mail then I suspect you may not have completed the application - did you apply on line and send off the prelevement or did you download the application and send it by post along with an FT facture.

I applied on line for a friend - the e-mail was almost instant - applied 30th June - line live 5th July - freebox posted 5th July- you can follow progress on line but only after you have your e-mail with the log on details. You can also follow the delivery of your freebox via collisimo.

Can you believe this.....still nothing from Free, I know they received the application on-line as I phoned them and they confirmed the e-mail address. Have even sent an e-mail to their Sales dept, but still no reply. The way things are going I think I'll give up with them and go with Wanadoo!!

aj

For what it's worth, it took me 2 weeks to get Wanadoo access (that's 1 1/2 weeks after the Wanadoo tech support people told me that we were already connected).   One morning our connection magically appeared.  I think it just took FT that long to do the settings- I've heard they've had a lot of personnel cutbacks.

Well what happened was, we had a fire drill whilst I was showing a DVD from my laptop to the Smartboard, and Entourage was open at the same time. I just slammed the lid, unplugged and legged it (making sure the children were all safe except for Billy whom we locked in the classroom according to his Personal Education Plan). The result was that Microsoft Office decided to pretend that it had no database...

Several hours of cursing later I had to admit that I had lost the lot. Hence the cri de coeur (is that spelled right? Looks wrong).

Spelling looks good to me.  Are you serious, then?  Why would you not trust the number on the website?  Or have I just lost my reality chip?

The bas debit dialup number is 08

68 92 09 11
from everywhere in France.  Need to identify yourself with your login (phone number) and password.

You can download an emergency bas debit connection from ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/support/ispare.exe . I am not sure how you are supposed to do this without an Internet connection!

Update......still no box. We have phoned them today and they say the box was despatched on 11th July, we have now contacted La Poste who say it will be delivered tomrrow!!! I accept that we had the Bank Holiday on the 14th but considering the order was place in June ?? Free say that when we get the box everything is ready for us to connect...Now waiting for lunchtime tomorrow for delivery, should I get excited???By the way still no e-mail from Free...

aj

Connect it up without connecting to the PC first, wait for the time to come up - up to a minute, when the time comes up connect to PC - best way for me is either wifi or ethernet, there is USB but via driver from cd and this can cause problems maybe not straight away but in future, best to stick with ethernet for me.

Also to access free - http://subscribe.free.fr/login/

login yourphonenumber@freeadsl

then your chosen password

Enjoy

Archived