Complete France Forum

VCR and Skybox to Tv without Scart connection

Hope someone can help us - we have a new Skybox which is working fine with an old UK TV, connected from "RF OUT" on Skybox to aerial input on TV.

I would like to be able to record programmes and have a (UK) video recorder with 2 Scart connections and something called a satellite connector (fine lead which plugs into the back of video and then seems to have to be taped(?) in front of the signal-receiver on the Skybox)------you can tell I've been sitting there with three remote controls and three instruction books and getting more and more desperate[8-)]!

Can anyone clue me in as to whether the video can be connected in somehow?

Many thanks

Chrissie (81)

No idea what your satellite connnector is, but you can connect the VCR to the digibox with a scart and record.  Beware you can only record what the box is set to and what the TV is showing, since the satellite is treated as a single channel.

[quote user="Chrissie"]

Hope someone can help us - we have a new Skybox which is working fine with an old UK TV, connected from "RF OUT" on Skybox to aerial input on TV.

I would like to be able to record programmes and have a (UK) video recorder with 2 Scart connections and something called a satellite connector (fine lead which plugs into the back of video and then seems to have to be taped(?) in front of the signal-receiver on the Skybox)------you can tell I've been sitting there with three remote controls and three instruction books and getting more and more desperate[8-)]!

Can anyone clue me in as to whether the video can be connected in somehow?

Many thanks

Chrissie (81)

[/quote]

Hi Chrissie

Maybe this will help you http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html Good luck

Archived