Complete France Forum

AOL 8 Servers down

I use AOL and have had no problems at all for so long that I can't remeber when it last played up. It's connected all day every day and late into the evening.

Having said that the current version is AOL 9.0, which is available to all AOL subscribers.

Currently using AOL9 which "went down" yesterday on one PC using Windows98. The laptop using XP was fine. I tried a bit of self help without success so phoned the English speaking helpline. Got a reply second try and the guy explained that a server had been down and caused some problems. He then took me through a repair procedure. It took about 20 minutes in total and all is now well. [:D]

From AOL's assistance page on its French web site:

Incident

Du 8 novembre à 21h00 au 9 novembre à 22h00 
Réseau RTC - National

Suite à une défaillance sur un de nos serveurs, l'utilisation d' AOL 8.0 et d' AOL 9.0 pouvait être indisponible avec les "forfaits tout compris". 
Pour rétablir votre connexion, il est nécessaire de réinstaller AOL, sans désinstaller la version précédente, puis  en choisissant "abonné" et  "mise à jour" durant le processus d'installation. Merci de votre compréhension.

So it is likely to affect users of version 8 or 9 with the all-inclusive package, and to cure it needs reinstallation of the software.

Archived