Complete France Forum

Sky subscription

Has anyone subscribed to Sky pay channels by telephoning from a UK mobile in France. I want to sign up for Sky Sports etc, have a UK mobile, have all the info regarding the system (seriel No from the screen etc) so feel well prepared however if anyone has any expierience and can point to any little minefields before I ring I would be grateful. I can pay for the service by UK bank account or credit card no problem however both have my French address, do they ask for the address on the account or just account details. I also have a UK address where the card 'will be used'!!

Wils.

With most deals from Sky one is required to have a UK phone line connected to the box for a period of a year, even when upgrading a service. (After that it doesn't seem to matter.)

I moved location in the UK some 15 months ago and it was cheaper to obtain a Sky+ box on a revised contract and have a free installation and new dish than to have Sky supply and fit a new dish to my old box.

They have lots of deals but look out for them wanting you connected to telephone line so you can buy advertised material as part of the subsidisation they have.

More2Learn.

Archived